Manual physical therapy is a specialized form of physical therapy delivered with the hands. In manual therapy,we use pressure on muscle tissue and manipulate joints in an attempt to decrease pain caused by muscle spasm, muscle tension, and joint dysfunction.
It is a clinical approach utilizing specific hands-on techniques, including but not limited to manipulation/mobilization, used by the physical therapist to
● Diagnose and treat soft tissues and joint structures for the purpose of modulating pain;
● Increasing range of motion (ROM);
● Reducing or eliminating soft tissue inflammation;
● Inducing relaxation;
● Improving contractile and noncontractile tissue repair,
● Extensibility, and/or stability;
● Facilitating movement.
We prefer manual therapy for varying conditions by means of stretching, strengthening, re-learning movement patterns, mulligan and maitland method of joint mobilisation (applied movements to reduce stiffness and relieve pain), joint manipulation Massage technique, Tapping, Neurodynamics, muscle energy technique, etc.View Detailed PDF